about the Female founder initiative
The Female Founder Initiative was formed to create more opportunities for female founders through the Founder Institute, and enable women to build successful companies.
How will we accomplish this goal in 2017?
- Provide a scholarship for leadership and technically focused applicants to every FI Chapter across the globe.
- Increase the number of female mentors and directors in the Founder Institute by improving our recruitment tactics.
- Provide female entrepreneurship-focused events around the world to educate more women about startups and innovation.
- Increase the number of female founders in our program by forming partnerships with female focused organizations all across the globe.
- Increase the success of female founders in our program by improving our curriculum to address the unique problems women face in entrepreneurship.
If you are interested in joining the Founder Institute Network or becoming more involved in the Female Founder Initiative as a mentor, director or event speaker, please send us any email below.
fEATURED FOUNDER iNSTITUTE fEMALE gRADUATES
Jilliene Helman - RealtyMogul
RealtyMogul is the leading crowfunding investment platform for commercial real estate. Its users have raised over $220MM in real estate transactions. Los Angeles FI Graduate.
NUPUR MEHTA - Rigplenish
RigPlenish is an end-to-end data management application that automates paperwork at each stage of an ambulance run. They were accepted into Y Combinator. Silicon Valley FI Graduate.
amelie morency - foodroom
The Food Room, a company that helps food businesses by providing culinary coworking facilities, secured an investment on the hit show Dragon’s Den and recently opened their first location. Montreal FI Graduate.
LUCY BEARD - feetz
Feetz makes personalized and customized 3D printed footwear, and they recently secured a landmark deal with major shoe retailer DSW, to offer the service in their stores. San Diego FI Graduate.
jill bourque - rushtix
RushTix is an affordable subscription site for local events and activities. The company was accepted to the LAUNCH Accelerator and is growing quickly. Silicon Valley FI Graduate.
amira boutouchent -Bridgr
Bridgr, a service that connects manufacturers with operations experts, is growing quickly and was accepted to the HEC National Bank accelerator. Montreal FI Graduate.
fEATURED FI fEMALE mENTORS & dIRECTORS
JEANINE JACOBSON - DIRECTOR
Roia Shefayee - director
Joanna Lord - mentor
jessica mah - mentor
EMNA Ghariani - DIRECTOR
Andrea Jackson - director
Robin Chase - mentor
Rashmi Sinha - Mentor
If you are interested in joining the Founder Institute Network or becoming more involved in the Female Founder Initiative as a mentor or event speaker, please send us any email below.